Conclusion of eye examination.

So I went to my very first eye examination ever.

My goal was to get perfect vision.  I had looked through my family member's pair of glasses and thought it was so cool that I'd go get my eyes checked out.

Well luckily the eye doctor said that I have perfect vision, and basically when I put on the family members glasses it 'went too far.'  If I had my own pair of glasses it would cause headaches and other problems later on.

$10 copay and out I go except for one thing, I can't see anything!  The guy dilated my eyes and told me it'll take hours before this wears off.

So yes I'm sitting here in the dark of my work office typing away with my eyes completely closed.  I've no idea if I'm making any mistakes or not, but I'm probably not.

That's because of something called testable fluency in the basics.  Basically you learn the basics so well that they can test you in them and you'll 100% that test every time.  Who needs a spell checker when you've actually learned your stuff? 

P.S.

To tell the truth I"m disappointed.  I thought maybe there was a world out there waiting to be seen.  But it turns out that the world is exactly as I've already saw it.  I know one thing though, I have a lot more respect for people who can't see now.  This not being able to read anything up close sucks.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

College Won't Give You a Good Paying Job

People Who Win the Lottery End up Broke

Helping a Friend Move Out