The Folly of Gallbladder Removal

I was listening to Charlie Munger's speech "The Psychology of Human Misjudgment."  In it he talks about a doctor who thought removing the gall bladder was a really good thing to do. 

I was dating someone over the holidays, and they decided to have their gall bladder removed.

I was getting an eye examination and the nurse mentioned that a lot of people my age were having their gall bladder removed.  Apparently it is the thing to do.

Now I am not a medical doctor, but I do have an opinion, one that was partly formed during my youth when everyone was running around to remove the tonsils.

If you don't know what something does, then perhaps you shouldn't hop on the bandwagon to remove it.

I would be a fit man if I removed the parts from my car when I don't know what function they perform.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

College Won't Give You a Good Paying Job

People Who Win the Lottery End up Broke

Helping a Friend Move Out