Why do the poor people give money to charities?

I'll just come out and say it, I do not give money to charities.

Luckily there is an internet between the reader and myself, because if I were to say this face to face I'd quickly lose any respect from the person I'm talking to.

Yes there are good causes, and yes in the future when I can afford to give then I will.

But while I'm stuck down here in povertyville making minimum wage I have absolutely no business doing it.

Its like trying to provide a place to sleep for a friend.  First of all I gotta build the financial house up before I can help them.

There are some people who give 10%+ of their money every week, and it just baffles me.

"But I only give whatever is extra."

Listen, until you are financially independent there is NOTHING extra.    Every single dollar needs to go towards building your financial house.

It may feel good to help someone else's family.  But if it comes at the cost of my own family, then its a no go.

Wish my character was stronger.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

College Won't Give You a Good Paying Job

People Who Win the Lottery End up Broke

Helping a Friend Move Out