Not Always Right.

I've been reading articles over at https://notalwaysright.com/.  They have a multitude of customer service related stories. 

As an ex customer service supervisor for a large retailer, I thought I would enjoy reading these stories.  However I was wrong, the people in these stories are absolutely horrifying. 

Just to clarify incase you didn't know, its not ok to lie.  Its not ok to steal.  Its not ok to be unethical or treat people like trash. 

That's not to say the authors of these stories are in the right either. 

I can't quite put my finger on it, there is something that angers and depresses me while I am reading these stories. 

These customers would not be allowed into my life, neither would many of the authors.  I find myself arriving at the uncomfortable conclusion that although many stories are entertaining and nostalgic, I should not read them.  I will not allow this nonsense in my life, not even by just reading about it. 

Instead I'll spend my breaks on different blogs reading about respectable things. 

Banning an entertainment website feels so weird, but the overall quality of my life should be better for it. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

College Won't Give You a Good Paying Job

People Who Win the Lottery End up Broke

Helping a Friend Move Out