Life is Fair, Just not Easy

For days I've been watching the Dave Ramsey Show video clips on Youtube.  

I really hate this stuff.  There is nothing worse then hearing the story of someone who does not get what they had coming.  I played by the rules, I did things the right way, yet I didn't succeed and don't have any hope left of doing so.  But these people who screwed off all their life and got into over half a million dollars in debt are given the opportunity to turn it around within a few years?  What about us people who did everything correctly, why's that not my opportunity huh?

Perhaps its a character default of mine.  But who cares?

What I've come to realize while watching this show is that life is fair to these people after all.  Sure they screwed up.  But they also did what they had to do to get out of their messes.  I suppose that's fair.  

It is amazing how many people appear to not actually be aware of the decisions that they are making.  They chose to give up their marriage when they bought an expensive car.  They chose to bring hardship to their future children when they ate until they were 600 pounds.  They chose to not be able to attend their family members expensive wedding when they took on hundreds of thousands of student loan debt.  But these people keep calling in as if they don't have to pay the cost.  Its like they think they can weasel their way out of the effects from the causes that they created.  Its sick.  

Perhaps it is a form of the Dunning-Kruger effect, which says stupid people are so stupid that they can't realize they are stupid because if they did realize it, then they would do things to not be stupid anymore (that's my interpretation of the effect).  These people have finally realized that they are stupid.

I'm so stupid that I don't realize what is keeping me down in minimum wage land.  That's what's important to figure out.  It ain't the government, it ain't the family, its just me and my sickness.  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

College Won't Give You a Good Paying Job

People Who Win the Lottery End up Broke

Helping a Friend Move Out