I've Been Listening to the Podcasts on the Madfientist Website.

One of the perks of moving from a manual labor job out in the warehouse to an administrative assistant job in the office is that I'm able to listen to whatever I want as I perform my job duties.

One of the websites that has caught my attention is the Mad Fientist.  There are currently thirty three podcasts on his website, and I've listened to the first twelve.  While the podcasts themselves don't seem to offer much by way of specific and actionable advice, it is nice to have a list of early retirement players.  This podcast series is sort of an introduction as to the who's who of early retirement.

The three biggest takeaways so far are:
1.  Hyper focus on one activity to build wealth at a time.
2.  Online sites can sell at extremely low multiples.
3.  Measure invested amounts by percentage.

Despite the low multiples of online websites, I'm going to stick with investing in the common stocks of good dividend paying companies, because it is my one activity to focus on that can build my wealth up over the long term without too much effort on my end.  Time will do the heavy lifting, and as someone living in poverty, that is all I really can afford to spend is time.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

College Won't Give You a Good Paying Job

People Who Win the Lottery End up Broke

Helping a Friend Move Out