Taking Responsibility for Yourself is not the Answer

There is a disturbing trend I see among the self help books.

They are all full of BS phrases like "you've got to make a choice to get rich," or "if you're in poverty it is because you didn't want riches enough."

Just shut up.

I didn't sit down and make a choice to live in poverty.  I choose to do the right things to get rich.
I didn't sit down and make a choice to be fat.  I chose to do the right things to be fit.
I didn't sit down and make a choice to be single.  I chose to do what I was supposed to do to be popular.

And I sure as heck didn't sit down and say "Gee, today I'm going to be as irresponsible as possible and hurt myself and my family as much as possible."  Heck no.

So if you got nothing better to say then "You control your own actions" or "You chose to have a heart attack" then just shut up.  Quit writing books.  Quit giving speeches.  Go away, you're not helping me.
Yeah I know I can just not read the book but my goodness when 95% of the books throw this at you 100 pages into it...its just frustrating.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

People Who Win the Lottery End up Broke

College Won't Give You a Good Paying Job

Timing the Market